Monday, May 27, 2013

A Refresher Course

Due to SATs, school and events I missed both of the previous chances to attend the ILC Tutorial session. Although, judging from Don's stories and the blogs of other ILCers, that may not have been a bad thing. Luckily, this is my second year with the ILC, so the tutorial was more of a review than a learning session.

Don was kind enough to schedule a separate tutorial session just for me. He arrived at my house at around 12:00 PM on Sunday and we worked hard until 2:30. We reviewed the intricacies of the blogging procedure (many of which I had forgotten), things I should pack for my trip East, ILC loaner items, and how to use Photoshop. I was not looking forward to having to do the tutorial, but it actually ended up being very helpful and relatively enjoyable.

With the tutorial and this blog done I am slowly checking items off my list of things to do before summer. Unfortunately that list is still very long and I need to get back to my Calculus problems, physics worksheets, and English essays...

1 comment:

  1. There’s no way to make these tutorials a fun event, Eric. The best we can hope for is to make them less dreadful. And even though you’re an alum of the ILC, some things needed to be gone over once again.

    You’re absolutely right, though, about how horrendous the four other sessions were with regards to the facilities and the poor Internet access. You really were better off doing this at home where things actually worked.

    And don’t forget that a part of that time we spent was in scanning your ID and med card.

    Now, back to those calculus problems.

    ReplyDelete